Pages

February 19, 2011

Toddler Jean Apron with Ruffles


Photobucket


My daughter loves to work in the kitchen (real and pretend :) )
I have been wanting to make her an apron for a while - and today I finally sat down to do it....

You can see the other aprons I have made here and here.  They were larger - made for teens and adults - but also made from upcycled jeans and colorful fabric. 
This one for my 4 year old daughter was made much smaller.

Photobucket


I pieced together a couple bits of jeans, sewing a colorful piece of fabric in the middle.

Photobucket


I also had a toddler apron that I used as a guide - but you could just eyeball it.  The final dimensions were 17" tall and 15" wide a the bottom, 7" wide at the top. 

Photobucket


I let my daughter pick out some fabric colors that she liked from my stash, and made some ruffles to sew onto the front...

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Then, I added the fabric lining around the edges...a full tutorial can be found in this post.

Photobucket



Photobucket

I wear my aprons ALL the time, and now my daughter has a pretty, handmade apron to wear when I wear mine:) 
They are super easy - go try one!

Photobucket



image signature




8 comments:

  1. Alejandro "Alex" LevelFebruary 20, 2011 at 2:09 AM

    Hi there Lindsay!

    Say, I'm in Mérida, Venezuela (where we have no Starbucks) do you think you could send me a scanned image of the Starbucks Cardboard Sleeve opened up?

    I've looked and looked on the Internet but no luck.

    Thank you SOOOO much in advance,

    Alejandro Level

    My e-mail is alejandro.level at g mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made an apron out of a dress, skirt and a shirt over at Mel's Cabin blog, I hope while you're blog hopping you'll drop over for a visit.http://cabinfever228.blogspot.com/2011/02/dress-skirt-and-blouse.html
    Mel's Cabin visited you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love this...thanks for sharing! I found you on Under the Table and Dreaming and am now a follower.

    Melanie
    youmadethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and pretty way to reuse jeans! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cute! Even cuter after I realized you let your daughter pick fabrics from your "stash" and not your "trash" -- time to update the eyeglasses prescription :)
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! What a great re-fashion!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the cutest! My kids would love these. I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight at http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete