Pages

June 1, 2010

Silhouette Paintings of the Girls


I wanted some cute art in the bathroom, and saw this blog post with a child's silhouette.
I took a cheap 9x12 inch canvas, painted it with off-white acrylic paint and traced my daughter's silhouettes with pencil.


To make their silhouettes, I took their pictures, pasted them into a Word document, and enlarged them to fill an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. 


Then I printed them out in black and white and cut around the outline of their heads. 


I thought it looked cute with a bit of a curve at the bottom.  It actually just followed the neckline of their shirts. 
Then, I painted inside the traced lines with black acrylic paint, and voila!  Pretty fun!

image signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to try that! Thanks for the idea. You're so crafty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so sweet. You've created a forever keepsake! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, and you make it look so do-able! I may have to try this sometime :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing this wonderful creation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have to paint the silhouette twice.....or one thick coating of acrylic....cheers. peter

    ReplyDelete